A school is acting weird with religious groups – what can I do?

When it comes to proselytising in schools outside of religious education classes, there are a number of contacts and support groups.

For public primary and secondary schools, your local Parents and Citizens’ (P&C) Association should be one of your first contacts; they are often the most familiar with the school and can help get in touch with education ministers and Principals on the behalf of concerned groups.

In addition, contact the Education Department – there are a number of links available at Getting involved – useful links for parents. Remember that other religions can be secular allies when it comes to fairness in schools.

There are groups who are dedicated to helping secularism in Australia, with a particular focus on advocacy for schools:

In addition, if you feel bullied or threatened, you should also consider contacting:

And internationally, there is: