Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 19th May 2017, 11:46 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: President Donald Trump

So, i reckon this trip is going to be a potential tipping point. If he fucks up in some way that causes embarrassment or he clearly demonstrates an incapacity to summon the minimum requisite level of sagacity and dignity for a US president then i think the Gop may start counting their numbers and we'll see an impeachment play.

On the other hand, if nothing goes wrong...well, he'll return with a hard on as big as one of his towers and we'll sit quietly waiting for the next scandal to arrive i guess.

This trip is big.
Old 20th May 2017, 12:28 AM
What Me Deluded?

Trump may have traded off sexual function for his vanity about appearance according to this article.

Trump Takes Propecia, A Hair-Loss Drug Associated With Mental Confusion, Impotence

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b06f344e4058a6

His downfall won't be pleasant to watch.
Old 20th May 2017, 01:38 AM
Being a bigot makes me sick.

Quote:
Strato said View Post
Trump may have traded off sexual function for his vanity about appearance according to this article.

Trump Takes Propecia, A Hair-Loss Drug Associated With Mental Confusion, Impotence

Eh. I gotta say, the man thinks primarily with his dick. I doubt he is using that stuff.
Old 20th May 2017, 04:01 AM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

Quote:
Sieveboy said View Post
Quote:
Strato said View Post

Eh. I gotta say, the man thinks primarily with his dick. I doubt he is using that stuff.
Talks about dick matters. A lot. This is often a sign of overcompensation for a dead sossidge.

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Old 20th May 2017, 06:56 AM
I am no feeble Christ, not me.

Trump told Russians that firing 'nut-job' Comey eased pressure from investigation

This morning, as I heard the reports of more details from the Trump-Lavrov-Kislyak meeting, I was thinking of the words of Sam Harris' podcast guest, (thanks pipbarber for linking it) who said Trump admires the oligarchy and kleptocracy of Putin's Russia. It's something he aspires to as President of the US.

Trump is so incoherent I find it hard to be sure what he admires, especially if it's big words like kleptocracy. But hearing how he spoke so conspiratorially to the Russians about Comey being a nut-job, and getting rid of him would ease the pressure, it really rang true. It reminds me of the interview with former Queensland Premier Joh Bjelke Petersen who was revealed to have no understanding whatsoever of the separation of powers. Trump reveals himself to be not only ignorant of this concept, but in treasonous opposeition to it by speaking to a rival power in such a way.

Edit: If was DJing, this would be my special dedication for Trump voters:

I wonder if any smart foreign leaders will seek to humiliate or mock him as he limps around the world, blood gushing from multiple wounds.

Last edited by stylofone; 20th May 2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 20th May 2017, 09:40 AM
AFA Member

So Trumps speechwriter, for his big sleep over at the Saud's house, is Stephan Miller who has a history of anti-Muslim activity that includes membership of a group that is currently listed as hate-group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. He also contributed to the Muslim ban policy. Prior to his gig with the orange idiot, Miller wrote the words for Jeff Sessions. Miller is 31 years old.

So this guy, with no discernible diplomatic experience and a history of anti-muslim rhetoric is penning the speech that Trump will deliver to the center of the Islamic world?

There is no one in his group to temper any of this. There are no smart diplomats whispering information and what is or isn't appropriate to say. No one has control over the Trump camp.

What could possibly go wrong?

Well, whether or not the trip is a success will be judged by standards so low that i fear Trump will triumph. Success from this trip, in my view, would be not to start a global war, destroy longstanding diplomatic relationships and to avoid saying or doing anything too embarrassing.

Stuff about Miller from http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/19/po...ing/index.html
Old 20th May 2017, 10:26 AM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
(snippo)
So this guy, with no discernible diplomatic experience and a history of anti-muslim rhetoric is penning the speech that Trump will deliver to the center of the Islamic world?

There is no one in his group to temper any of this. There are no smart diplomats whispering information and what is or isn't appropriate to say. No one has control over the Trump camp. (more snippo)
So, when will the Donald beheaded overseas?

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Laugh at DanDare, pipbarber, Goldenmane laughed at this post
Old 20th May 2017, 10:47 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
Lets wait and see exactly what he says about Islam amidst of their hideous theocratic chaos, might be sooner than expected!

Now wouldnt that throw the cat to the shit house, they seize Trump and chop his nut off! What an image...disturbing and yet...no, definitely disturbing...but...
Old 20th May 2017, 05:38 PM
"Mr Charles Darwin had the gall to ask"

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Just listened to Sam Harris' podcast from this morning - in conversation with Anne Applebaum and Juliette Kayyemon, on the prospects of a Trump impeachment. Great listening if you haven't heard it yet. As is pointed out early on, with the speed of change in Trump-world, this podcast won't age well. Well worth a listen though.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/it...to-impeachment

It started a little slowly, but that was a slow-cooking, deep exploration of the events of last week. Really worth a listen.
Old 20th May 2017, 10:43 PM
What Me Deluded?

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
Lets wait and see exactly what he says about Islam amidst of their hideous theocratic chaos, might be sooner than expected!

Now wouldnt that throw the cat to the shit house, they seize Trump and chop his nut off! What an image...disturbing and yet...no, definitely disturbing...but...
Beheading would occasion no impediment to his faculties. The headless president. How novel. Unpresidented.

Leastaways, he soon will be functus officio.

The press is relaying speculation that Trump is 'Putin's bitch', on his payroll. Suborned.

Slate,

GOP Majority Leader McCarthy Said Last Year, Presumably Jokingly, That Trump Is on Putinís Payroll

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...s_payroll.html

Isn't Paul Ryan a sellout?