Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Pseudoscience and anti-science

Pseudoscience and anti-science Debunking Creationism, Homoeopathy etc

Old 28th April 2017, 07:28 PM
AFA Member

Default anti-vaxxers...again

I'm sorry but I just can't scrape up any sympathy for the parents, the child of course I can, but sympathy won't help the child, modern medicine may. The parents are deluded I am afraid, their claims make no sense, for instance;

Quote:
“My son is ... Do I even own him anymore?

What? Why is this even a question! No you don't fucking own him, you care for him, you are responsible for his health and welfare until he is legally an adult, you are not doing your job properly, someone else needs to do it!

Contradictions;

Quote:
Chase suffers epileptic-type seizures and cerebral palsy and cannot walk, sit or even crawl on his own.

His mother has previously said vaccinations Chase had before the age of two prompted his seizures and he had vastly improved with a more holistic treatment approach, including an organic diet and medicinal cannabis.

Ms Walker alleged vaccinations caused him to develop “spastic, quadriplegic cerebral palsy and undiagnosed, uncontrolled epilepsy”.

And then;

Quote:
On it, Ms Walker explained Chase has been suffering epileptic-type seizures that doctors could not explain within hours of being born.

So he had the condition before the vaccinations, and from that age it's probably either a genetic or something passed on from parent to child.

And further;

Quote:
“I have told the hospital this food will kill Chase because he is allergic to dairy.

He has previously been fed by tubes in the hospital, I am sure they could work out whether or not he is allergic to dairy, they probably haven't dismissed her claims, they are properly trained medical staff, they will have investigated for allergies.

No I can't work up any sympathy, sorry but that's the way it is.
Old 28th April 2017, 10:24 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: anti-vaxxers...again

Hi Steve is there a linky or something?
Old 28th April 2017, 11:33 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Sorry I meant to add it earlier but got called out;

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...7f7a830f80fd4b

Oh yes, did I mention it's Queensland?
Old 28th April 2017, 11:36 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Sorry I meant to add it earlier but got called out;

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...7f7a830f80fd4b

Oh yes, did I mention it's Queensland?
Some people just don't accept that life/nature can be really indifferent and allocate really tragic lives to their disabled children. If there is a human being to blame for the problem that salves their wounds. Of course in the course of time it inflicts different wounds on other children.
Old 29th April 2017, 10:16 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Some people just don't accept that life/nature can be really indifferent and allocate really tragic lives to their disabled children. If there is a human being to blame for the problem that salves their wounds. Of course in the course of time it inflicts different wounds on other children.

Here's a new one I hadn't hard of before, apparently the parents are members of the Church of Ubuntu, yes I know the first thing I thought of was penguins as well, so it couldn't be all that bad, but as it turns out tux didn't even get a look in!

Quote:
Cini is an advocate of the Church of Ubuntu. It’s mantra is “The Earth, therefore I am”.

“We are a Church and wellness community that focuses on total health and diet, using natural plant based alternative healing methods,” Church of Ubuntu’s website reads.

You can't cure a genetic abnormality with healthy living;

Quote:
“They still think that they have the right to feed my son this formula synthetic s***,” she said.

Well yes, if he isn't being cared for properly then they need to do it for his own welfare, not some fantasy of a made up church you are members of!

Quote:
“You look at the camera Chase and tell the world how you feel mate, you tell ‘em I’m alert, I’m awake and I’m better than I’ve ever been.”

Yeah right, like he's going to feel free, or even be able to express himself properly with his mum there telling him what to say.

Quote:
“To this day Chase has been diagnosed with spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy (with no brain damage on his MRI) and uncontrolled epilepsy with the doctors saying that Chase has an epileptic gene that they cannot find,” she wrote on a website called Church of Ubuntu.

So a genetic condition, not treatable by "natural" food, possibly gene therapy at some time in the future.

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...4ae9d4876cbf94
Old 2nd May 2017, 07:51 AM
AFA Member

Is this church of Ubuntu shit a way to avoid the financial penalties for un-vaccinated children, i.e. using religious exemptions?

http://www.churchofubuntu.org/about-us/

yup I think that may have something to do with it...

https://www.churchofubuntu.org/physi...sation-safety/

^^ sneaky idiots

“Religion the protector of the well fed and consoler of the hungry.” - Mikhail Bakunin
Like The Irreverent Mr Black, Strato liked this post
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:43 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
What? Why is this even a question! No you don't fucking own him, you care for him, you are responsible for his health and welfare until he is legally an adult, you are not doing your job properly, someone else needs to do it!
I thought exactly the same thing when I heard her say this. It became quickly apparent that this whole episode was not about the health of the child, rather her anti-modern medicine views.
Old 2nd May 2017, 01:20 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
WesternGeo said View Post
I thought exactly the same thing when I heard her say this. It became quickly apparent that this whole episode was not about the health of the child, rather her anti-modern medicine views.

Exactly, and why it was quite correct for them to be tracked down and the child returned to hospital over her objections. This is a person we are discussing, NOT a possession, that sort of thinking really cheeses me off...hmm wrong thread methinks
Old 3rd December 2017, 03:19 PM
What Me Deluded?

Fakebook sure has a lot of people in its sway.

Intellectual laziness, credulity, emotional thinking, uncritical thinking - these are my greatest enemy. And I think it boils down to education being the solution to the world's problems.

Critical thinking should be a core subject through primary and secondary school. Clearly this is needed in Ireland and Japan. Kids whose parents have refused for them to be furnished with the HPV vaccine and who then go on to contract the HP virus and subsequent cervical cancer are going to curse their mothers and fathers. Learn the hard way.

Today the Beloved and daughter will bring home Thinking Fast and Slow Daniel Kahneman with my Dymocks Father's Day gift voucher and so now I will just have to read it. I know I will be rewarded immeasurably.

Fears for women’s health as parents reject HPV vaccine

Three nations blame social media for fall in number of girls given cervical cancer jabs.

The Guardian
Robin McKie Science editor
3 Dec

'Health officials have become increasingly alarmed at campaigns aimed at blocking the take-up of the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine, which protects women against cervical cancer.

Three leading nations have now seen major reductions in the take-up of the vaccine and a growing number of doctors fear its use could be blocked elsewhere, despite its capacity to provide protection against a condition that kills hundreds of thousands of women a year.'

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-take-up-falls

Last edited by Strato; 3rd December 2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10th December 2017, 05:07 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

I am 100% anti-vax. I do NOT trust the Elitist owned and controlled pharmaceutical companies one bit. A lot of young people have died or wound up with autism because of vaccinations.
Dislike bruce1937 disliked this post