Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Coming Out Stories

Coming Out Stories Share the story of your path to Atheism.

Old 3rd May 2017, 11:05 AM
AFA Member

Default Re: Black's Book - Progress, Moans and Groans

I await the magnum opus.
Old 3rd May 2017, 11:22 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post

Discipline dictates I stay offline except for emergency stuff, so my apologies to anybody who might feel unanswered or neglected.

Ah I shall feel right at home then, my lot in life appears to be to feel unanswered and neglected, mind you if that's all I have to worry about I guess I'm doing ok.
Old 3rd May 2017, 02:53 PM
beiging

Quote:
Strato said View Post
It looks like Dog v2:0 is your Personal Trainer Mr Black.

Does he arouse you from your dogmatic slumber?

Your book is your burden, to see it through editorial stage to marketing stage. A proper publisher will see you through.

I will be purchasing a copy at the going rate.
Ms Dog v2.0 can be a real bitch about waking me up, but she generally does it by snuggling, unless I resist.

The book? I'll do whatever's least stressful. I frankly couldn't be fucked haggling and doing all the biz stuff. I might e-publish via one of the easier sites yet.

Or I might give PDF copies away.

Addendum: I'm back from the doc.The lovely Ms v2.0 has shaved another 5kg off me in the last six weeks, making a total of roughly 30kg removed using the Dog v2.0 Method.

Not bad work for 23kg of rejected pound-hound!

Our apologies for the health improvement to Fred, whose guitar may be delayed, and Goldenmane, who might be a bit longer waiting for those notes.

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Last edited by The Irreverent Mr Black; 3rd May 2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Addendum, pudendum, or some such thingy.
Like Goldenmane liked this post
Old 3rd May 2017, 05:03 PM
Cuss-tard

The longer it takes for me to get the notes the better, mate.

@Goldenmane3

Like The Irreverent Mr Black liked this post
Old 3rd May 2017, 05:28 PM
beiging

Quote:
Goldenmane said View Post
The longer it takes for me to get the notes the better, mate.
I'll try and hang off popping my clogs till Young Sir has grown up a bit.

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Like Goldenmane liked this post
Old 5th May 2017, 10:20 AM

Hello Irrev,

This info might be helpful or not.

I did Freelance Jounalism level I, II, III and it helped my writing or more importantly it help me to write more and delete even more. Generally, we put too higher value on our written words so we need to delete big mobs of our words in a big piece.

That said, 30 years on, I am now in favour of the "Coffee Table Biography Book" as a much better option than the traditional chronological biography.

A chronological biography might or might not get read but it will end up alone and unopened for years to come.

A coffee table biography book can be become part of the furniture but it will be read, not all the way through, but in part more often.

What is a Coffee Table Bio? (Call it a CTB)

You are going to leave you CTB out for anyone to spec. read and it will feature.

1) Every open double page will be complete there is no turning over to finish what you have said.
2) Your CTB represents you so you can include scrap book items, photos, verses, fav. recipes and anecdotes. Anything that defines you.
3) You can dress it up and make it more visually attractive with what used to be called "illumination" (down loaded or original line drawings)
4) You can laminate the pages and put it in an attractive binder.

Anyway that's what I reckon.

I have done a few on other people as gifts they were very welcome.
God was a giant Queensland Blue Pumpkin. He was lonely and got bored so he blew himself up (aka the big bang) The pumpkin skin fragments became planets, the orange flesh vaporised into gasses and the seed fragments started life when conditions were right.
Old 5th May 2017, 10:30 AM
beiging

Thanks, Ma'am, but I write for readers. Those who can't manage to acquire the necessary vocabulary or attention span, can miss out. I won't miss them.

The writing is primarily catharsis, with a bit of a lumpy ride thrown in for those who dare to come along.

I am being somewhat greedy in aiming for my in-group as readers, and I find myself to be quite unapologetic.

Today will be what's euphemistically termed a "planning day", as I had a fairly heavy fall at 0300 while exercising Dog v2.0, and both wrists are in differing degrees of Status: Mildly Fucked.