Go Back   AFA Forums > Welcome > Coming Out Stories

Coming Out Stories Share the story of your path to Atheism.

Old 7th October 2015, 05:11 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: WAS: when god smote the Magna

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
Bastards!

I once spent a month in hospital, I broke my ankle, braking the bone both sides of my joint, requiring metal plates, screws and months of rest, I thrill my niece by allowing her to run her fingers down my ankle feeling the little bumps of the screws, I tell her if I undo the screws my foot will fall off, well kids, you know

Anyway the point being, I was stepping out of the shower one day and slipped on the floor, how fricking boring compared to your stories, why does god hate me so to make my most serious injury such a shit story
Well apparently falling over in the bathroom and breaking one's neck is a significant cause of death and serious injury, increasing in frequency with age.

Edit: PS I could say there there at least it's funny ...
Old 8th October 2015, 01:26 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
wadaye said View Post
Edit: PS I could say there there at least it's funny ...
Hey watch it or I'll unscrew my foot and whack you over the head with it!
Old 8th October 2015, 01:59 AM

Yeah... Fight! Fight!

Walking frames at dawn maybe?

Old 8th October 2015, 06:08 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
ausGeoff said View Post
Yeah... Fight! Fight!

Walking frames at dawn maybe?
I'm all a splutter, ageism, I detect ageism, it's walking AID!!! If I could walk fast enough with my walking AID I would poke you in the back with my Ettore 49036 Grip 'n Grab, available from Amazon for the reasonable price of only $14.99, free shipping if you by 3 or more.
Old 14th October 2015, 09:43 PM
AFA Member

Cool OP WAS. Did the community have a sneer that God did smite the Magna? I mean Jehovah ( not to mention Jesus and Mary ) is in charge of all things, right?
Old 14th October 2015, 10:45 PM
AFA Member

I have no injuries or movement aids to report but i owned a gold 1992 Magna for a year. Worst car ever manufactured. It spent more time with mechanics than me and then one day it started smoking and just...died. The rac guy told me it needed major repairs but i'd already spent more on repairs than petrol. It was only 7 years old!! I tried to sell it for ever diminishing prices until the rego ran out. Then i tried to give it away. No takers. When i rang the two or three wreckers in Hobart they all groaned when i told them it was a Magna and refused my custom. I then started offering money for someone to take it away. Took out an add in the local rag. $50, $100 and finally at $150 someone agreed to the deal.

Poor bastard.

Yes, gods wrath is upon the Magna for obviously mysterious reasons.