Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

Default Re: Marriage Equality is a Call to Action for the non-Religious

Quote:
LadyGreen said View Post
I love how they interfer with my life decions while complaining about people interfering with theirs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Presumptuous little twonks they be, taking offence on behalf of their god, who has personally had nothing to say on the matter thus far.

I bet he doesn't even reply to this thread to prove me wrong.

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Quote:
cyclist said View Post
Rule one of the right wing playbook: They're the victim here.
I guess its the only way to argue against peoples rights without admitting you just dont like equality. I'm still waiting to hear how exactly getting married gives me the power to mess with everyones rights. Do these idiots really think i'll be able to desolve their marriage, declare them officially gay, force them to have sex with animals or change change their kids gender at will? It's so batshit i have a hard time believing that they believe it.

Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black laughed at this post
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

Quote:
LadyGreen said View Post
Quote:
cyclist said View Post
Rule one of the right wing playbook: They're the victim here.
I guess its the only way to argue against peoples rights without admitting you just dont like equality. I'm still waiting to hear how exactly getting married gives me the power to mess with everyones rights. Do these idiots really think i'll be able to desolve their marriage, declare them officially gay, force them to have sex with animals or change change their kids gender at will? It's so batshit i have a hard time believing that they believe it.

@LadyG: You may find this useful.

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Like knowledge is power, LadyGreen liked this post
Old Today, 07:54 PM
And if I can reach the pedals, I'll be sweet

Article in the SMH this evening

The church has forgotten an inconvenient truth in it's opposition to same-sex marraige

I think that this is the best part

Quote:
Similarly the Australian Christian Lobby's Lyle Shelton told News Corp it is the fate of Australia's future children that is at the core of his lobby group's opposition to same-sex marriage. "All of us have desires and things that we would like to have in life," Shelton said, "but if those desires, those adult desires, trump the rights of a child then I think we have to ask ourselves are we really a civil society if we're prepared to override the needs of a child for the rights of an adult."

The Anglican Diocese of Sydney, having donated $1 million to the "no" campaign, is also worried about future generations. "We find ourselves being moved in a more libertarian direction under the influence of those who want to abandon the mores of the past," Archbishop Glenn Davies recently said.

Advertisement

Ah, the children. The "yes" campaign needs only two words to respond to the ACL, the Catholic Church, the Anglican Church and the other religious heavy-hitters' concerns about the "children".

Royal Commission.
Considering how much the church has let down children in the past, they are hardly the best people to be lecturing others on what is best for children.