Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Belief Central

Belief Central A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Old 24th January 2018, 11:08 AM
Arse-pocalyptic

Default Re: "A celebration of reason" or sumthin

Celebrating Reason is always a lovely thing.

I suspect somebody's panties are a little bunched because Reason seems to have overlooked him when the invites were posted.

Everything before the "but" is bullshit. - Black's Grandad.

Like Mjt liked this post
Thank Darwinsbulldog thanked this post
Old 24th January 2018, 11:31 AM
AFA Member

I would like to know if there is some topic that he [gadfly] might like to talk about where he would be prepared to discuss it using evidence and reason to reach some conclusion?

The result of some sporting event? An incident in history perhaps? The guilt or innocence of a person accused of a crime? Success or failure in growing roses? How aeroplanes or birds fly? Anything at all, where one can make a claim, and then defend it on its merits, the evidence for or against, the logical process he used to arrive at an answer. Nothing to do with disbelief or belief in gods, or "related" matters.
Old 24th January 2018, 12:05 PM
Omu'sata

Well there is still no such thing as natural law, as was covered in over 1,000 posts last time you were here. I guess if you haven't realised that yet then your experience will be the same.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 10th February 2018, 02:58 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Quote:
Gadfly said View Post
I got kicked off here a few years ago, for not fitting the forum mentality as it was then. Just wondering if the latest mod/s are more tolerant these days? Any anti atheist views allowed here yet?
I have checked in a times and read your posts. It appears that you are having a bit of misunderstanding.

Every forum has its own ethos. You should know that AFA's forum is very tolerant and inclusive of everyone, regardless of their views/beliefs or lack thereof.

Changes to moderators and the degree by which they are assigned to moderate and penalise members and/or their posts of questionable integrity depend on the AFA itself and its changing structure or policies which can be gleaned on their website.

I am quite dubious that it is the forum's mentality that encourages unfair treatment of yourself. I am sure and you should be reassured that most members are sensible and decent enough not to be persuaded by the mentality to harass you - they are individually responsible enough.

I hope that helps.
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black, wolty, Strato, SEG thanked this post