Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
Enough words.

Default Re: Marriage Equality is a Call to Action for the non-Religious

Australia is not a theocracy, so how can the government continue to follow religious laws? The 'one man and one woman' idea of marriage is a religious idea, right?

Section 116 of the Australian Constitution provides that:
'The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.'

My bold. Isn't the current form of marriage a religious observance?

The bible says, "A simple man believes every word he hears, a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15 LOL.
Like DanDare liked this post
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM
Religion or Reality, choose...

I mused on fart book earlier that sending the forms to No areas early and yes areas late would skew the results in the favour of No for various reasons. The ABS admits they are favouring country areas with the forms early, especially in Queensland. And there it is.

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Yeah, okay. I did it.

Quote:
DanDare said View Post
I mused on fart book earlier that sending the forms to No areas early and yes areas late would skew the results in the favour of No for various reasons. The ABS admits they are favouring country areas with the forms early, especially in Queensland. And there it is.
Toontown is No-land Central, and we're yet to see ours.

If you take something apart and put it back together enough times,
eventually you will have two of them - Matt Roberds

Old Today, 05:54 AM
And if I can reach the pedals, I'll be sweet

There are now more reports of people's survey's being stolen

Quote:
When a longtime Mona Vale resident went to throw out the trash into the bin of his apartment block on Friday morning, he lifted the lid to find a bag filled with mail addressed to nearby residents in it.

The plastic bag, which the man found in his Seabeach Avenue apartment block's red council bin, contained 39 opened same-sex marriage postal survey envelopes, with the voting forms and return envelopes removed.
This is a problem for both sides, it means that whoever wins the result will legitimately be able to be questioned due to the number of these reports.

I really hope that this passes, the mental health spike that we're hearing about has to be for something.
Old Today, 10:19 AM
Enough words.

Quote:
DanDare said View Post
The ABS admits they are favouring country areas with the forms early, especially in Queensland.
So if we're patient, the city votes (mostly yes's by comparison) should win out?

The bible says, "A simple man believes every word he hears, a clever man understands the need for proof." Proverbs 14:15 LOL.
Old Today, 11:43 AM

This whole thing has me rather bitter i even took down my australian flag and replaced it with a jolly roger ( it represents my love of boats, buggery and armed robbery )

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black laughed at this post