Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Anti-equality

Anti-equality Think all feminism has 'just gone too far', or doubt why gay people would want the right to marry? Here's your place.

Old 25th September 2017, 10:53 AM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Default Gay Marriage Poll

I'm creating a thread here since I cannot post in Sexuality Issues whilst resident of FI.

Gay marriage support drops

Quote:
Support for same-sex marriage has fallen from 62 per cent to 57 per cent in the past 12 months...

The number of voters backing the postal plebiscite also has fallen five percentage points in a month, from 49 per cent in August to 44 per cent in September...

Support for the No campaign has increased since September 2016 from 32 to 34 per cent, while those opposed to the postal plebiscite since August also increased from 43 to 46 per cent.
What is going on? Is it to do with apathy or are people increasingly genuinely against it?
Old 25th September 2017, 01:59 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Gay Marriage Poll

Quote:
Azurisan21 said View Post
I'm creating a thread here since I cannot post in Sexuality Issues whilst resident of FI.

Gay marriage support drops

What is going on? Is it to do with apathy or are people increasingly genuinely against it?

It's to do with the fact that it doesn't matter what side you are for, the side with the biggest pockets can always sway a certain percentage of the population to their side. Either through advertising, scare campaigns or in the case of the no camp just plain bloodymindedness.

The no side has bigger pockets and way more media traction that the yes side, that's all it is!
Old 25th September 2017, 02:03 PM
Resident of Fantasy Island

Quote:
stevebrooks said View Post
It's to do with the fact that it doesn't matter what side you are for, the side with the biggest pockets can always sway a certain percentage of the population to their side. Either through advertising, scare campaigns or in the case of the no camp just plain bloodymindedness.

The no side has bigger pockets and way more media traction that the yes side, that's all it is!
But I doubt that the NO voters mostly must be younger generation Australians who are supposedly more intelligent, open-minded, egalitarian and tolerant, right?

Then it's to do with older generation despots. Ageist poo on part of the conservative politicians and despots, not to mention TA and CB is all that is.
Old 5th October 2017, 11:01 PM

Newspoll comes from the Murdoch press. Need I say more.