Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old Today, 11:10 AM
AFA Member

Default Re: Marriage Equality is a Call to Action for the non-Religious

Quote:
LadyGreen said View Post
Respectfull debate my arse, the no dickheads have done nothing but spread hatefull propaghanda and stir up small minded idiots like this.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
New atheists, new secularists, new humanists, new feminists are just "beyond the pale" according to religious apologists. The only "respectful debate" we can have with them, on their terms, is to shut the fuck up, and they may tolerate us, but probably not. Religious groups rarely tolerate dissidents or critics, as the splintering up into thousands of sects in religion demonstrates over time.

Even the mildest criticism of their "holy cows" is viewed as religious oppression and secularism gone mad. Fuck them.
Old Today, 12:28 PM

Yeah it seems the only way to keep them happy is to shut up and let them decide which rights we can have I read in the news today that lambie has been complaining about the lack of focus on the no voters who are 'hurting right now'. Am I seriously supposed to feel sorry that they lost a vote to restrict others rights? And why should I care that these unnamed voters the no pollies claim are allways calling them feel worried about not being able to discriminate against LGBT people?

Like Soup Dragon liked this post
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old Today, 01:29 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
LadyGreen said View Post
Yeah it seems the only way to keep them happy is to shut up and let them decide which rights we can have I read in the news today that lambie has been complaining about the lack of focus on the no voters who are 'hurting right now'. Am I seriously supposed to feel sorry that they lost a vote to restrict others rights? And why should I care that these unnamed voters the no pollies claim are allways calling them feel worried about not being able to discriminate against LGBT people?

Yeah funny how they were all, "it's democracy, the majority rules, you minorities should do what we tell you," when they were apparently "the silent majority." Now for some reason they have become a very vocal minority, in fact all the things they were accusing the YES campaigners of being. Fuck em! Let them speak sure, but they were all for the vote when they were sure they would win and were determined to suppress the YES voters, lets be bigger than them, actually we are bigger than them in many different ways, numbers just being a minor and fairly irrelevant one.

Human rights shouldn't be subject to popular vote, the fact that the popular vote came down on the right side is pretty much irrelevant, we shouldn't have been voting at all.