Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Conspiracy theories

Conspiracy theories Got something to say about the Illuminati/One World Govt, chemtrails or faked moon landings? Find these, and more, here.

Old 12th August 2017, 01:06 AM
What Me Deluded?

Default Re: IIIIIIIIINNNNNNNCOOOOOOMING!

Enlarged pineal, 3rd eye.

He stood on a rake propped against the wall the wrong way, when he was 4.
Old 30th August 2017, 08:08 AM
Anus Emeritus

More Nibiru wibble in detail, thanks to NZ Herald.

Quote:
Meade this year made a September prediction using verses from the Bible, but he now claims the date is backed up by marking on the pyramids, the MailOnline reported.
Of the pyramid, he said: "It faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error and is at the centre of the land mass of the Earth.

"The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the Earth - one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid."

Two tunnels set in the Great Pyramid will point to significant celestial objects after September 20, the conspiracy theorist claims.

He said the descending passage will point to the star Regulus - also known as the "King" - in the constellation Leo, and the ascending passage will point to Jupiter - known to the Jews as the "Planet of the Messiah".

As well as detailing markings on Egypt's pyramids, David's prediction is mostly based on the Bible passage Isaiah, Chapter 13, 9-10, which says: "See, the Day of the Lord is coming - a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger - to make the land desolate and destroy the sinners within it.

"The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light."

Despite a lack of evidence for the hidden world, which Nasa has previously stated is an "internet hoax", many people believe it is real.

Nibiru, sometimes referred to as Planet X, has been predicted to end the world several times since 2003.

Meade's latest claims follow his original apocalyptic predictions in January after he claimed a star, which he calls "a binary twin of our sun", was coming "at us towards the south pole".

Meade, author of the book Planet X - The 2017 Arrival, said the star will bring with it "seven orbiting bodies", including Nibiru, a large, blue planet.

In his book, he claims to put forward scientific evidence, but readers commenting on the book say the argument quickly develops into a religious argument.

One reviewer says: "On his website he focuses on facts and science, astronomical 'evidence' to lure some readers into his material, but after a dozen pages it starts to get all religious for almost 40 pages, more than a 1/3 of the book, mentioning visions and dreams."

He continues, the "author mentions several times how certain things are 'facts' just because 'God said so in the Bible', and then goes on and on over the rapture."

The scientific community does not agree Nibiru exists.
"Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an internet hoax," Nasa has said previously. "Obviously, it does not exist."
Next revision and new prediction awaited...

Back at work on the Seekrit Project.

Old 30th August 2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
More Nibiru wibble in detail, thanks to NZ Herald.

Next revision and new prediction awaited...
This demonstrates the point I made elsewhere. Shit like this gets media exposure for the curiosity/entertainment/click bait value.

Anything based on real evidence that may shed more light on actual historical mysteries, unless it supports official versions and helps debunk any alternative explanations, has no hope of similar exposure. In short, even real historical investigations following proper and investigative protocols and procedures, has no hope if the findings vary from the Ministry of Truth.

Meanwhile, this tripe reinforces the nurtured belief that all "conspiracy theories" are equal - i.e. equally bad/idiotic/only lampoon-worthy and the actual historical events themselves get blurred and confused with "conspiracy theory" so that the very mention of something like the JFK assassination induces an immediate cringe reaction.

Pavlov knew his stuff.
Old 30th August 2017, 08:39 AM
Anus Emeritus

@GPF: My emphasis is on the silly bible numerology, not the method of reporting.

JFK stuff is old, and only one of many. It is meh.

Old 30th August 2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
@GPF: My emphasis is on the silly bible numerology, not the method of reporting.

So why all of the effort to emphasize something that is plainly silly? I'm guessing anyone who is pushing this stuff is a snake oil salesman and anyone swallowing it is a "mark" who is beyond saving from him/her self.

JFK is old? And that's a reason to ignore it? Replace JFK with a small child sexually abused and murdered 54 years ago and the real culprit was never caught. Is it still "meh" to want to continue looking for justice if you can demonstrate that old leads were never followed, that evidence was missed or obscured, that there is still a chance to solve the case via those areas and modern forensics?

Believe it or not, I'm not here to push a personal crusade. But I am trying to understand the mind-set I'm encountering. Intelligent, cynical people with inquiring minds apparently have accepted the official story put out about this case (which has more holes than my long johns), or otherwise are so wrapped up in "conspiracy" bashing, they have lost sight of the simple facts of it (i.e. murder and cover up) and have been brainwashed into looking at it as no different than say bible numerology.

No wait. My mistake. Bible numerology is apparently not "meh". Despite being a bit older that 54 years, too. Hmmmm.
Old 30th August 2017, 10:29 AM
Anus Emeritus

Quote:
gpfloor said View Post
Quote:

So why all of the effort to emphasize something that is plainly silly? I'm guessing anyone who is pushing this stuff is a snake oil salesman and anyone swallowing it is a "mark" who is beyond saving from him/her self.
(Reads site name) Because god-disbelievers have an interest in vocal god-believers?

I'll leave your "guess" looking at its shirtfront, wondering how far in the straw goes,

ADD: @GPF - Eschatology, especially biblical wibble eschatology, is on-topic here.

That kid of an anti-WW2 bootlegger, and the ways and means of his demise, may be your big interest, but he isn't, and they are not. This in no way denigrates your interest or time you've put in.

Last edited by The Irreverent Mr Black; 30th August 2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: add
Old 30th August 2017, 10:52 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
gpfloor said View Post
Quote:

JFK is old? And that's a reason to ignore it? Replace JFK with a small child sexually abused and murdered 54 years ago and the real culprit was never caught. Is it still "meh" to want to continue looking for justice if you can demonstrate that old leads were never followed, that evidence was missed or obscured, that there is still a chance to solve the case via those areas and modern forensics?

Believe it or not, I'm not here to push a personal crusade. But I am trying to understand the mind-set I'm encountering. Intelligent, cynical people with inquiring minds apparently have accepted the official story put out about this case (which has more holes than my long johns), or otherwise are so wrapped up in "conspiracy" bashing, they have lost sight of the simple facts of it (i.e. murder and cover up) and have been brainwashed into looking at it as no different than say bible numerology.

No wait. My mistake. Bible numerology is apparently not "meh". Despite being a bit older that 54 years, too. Hmmmm.

Maybe it's not very interesting? Sorry but maybe it's just not. Not to everyone.
And a bit of a heads up, maybe don't be throwing around the sexual assault and murder of a child as a way to either gain support or instill guilt or whatever it is you are trying to do with that particular piece of crap. Not nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30th August 2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Mjt said View Post
Maybe it's not very interesting? Sorry but maybe it's just not. Not to everyone.
And a bit of a heads up, maybe don't be throwing around the sexual assault and murder of a child as a way to either gain support or instill guilt or whatever it is you are trying to do with that particular piece of crap. Not nice.

Okay. It's not interesting to everyone. That's fine.

The point I was trying to make is that all murders matter. But is a human trait to pick and choose what we care about and why.
Old 30th August 2017, 11:15 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
gpfloor said View Post
Quote:
Mjt said View Post

Okay. It's not interesting to everyone. That's fine.

The point I was trying to make is that all murders matter. But is a human trait to pick and choose what we care about and why.

Of course it's a human trait. We make decisions all the time about where all sorts of stuff sits on which rung of the ladder of how many fucks we give.
Our brains would explode if we didn't.
That's not a secret.

Old 30th August 2017, 11:38 AM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
gpfloor said View Post
Quote:

That's some interesting guesswork.

It bears a little unpacking, and since I'm not currently immediately busy unpacking my digestive tract, let's give it a go.

What, in your estimation, is a "snake oil salesman"? Are they inherently dishonest, and thus con-artists, or do they actually believe the things they say?

You seem to be of the former mind, which dismisses the possibility of the latter. My experience is that it's often complicated. Many sellers of snake-oil actually wholeheartedly believe in its efficacy. And many buyers of such also, by the way. I have, one way or another, been in both positions. I got better.

Quote:

Nah, we just don't give a shit. At this point, you can refer back to your thread.

Quote:
This dude spouting this bullshit is both funny and current. Your hobby-horse is neither. That's the difference.

@Goldenmane3

Like Mjt liked this post
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post