Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Call to action

Call to action Call out to atheist activism on polls, news articles, petitions or other injustice. Let everyone know we have a voice.

Old 4th October 2017, 08:06 PM
See you at the snow....
Super Moderator

Default Re: Marriage Equality is a Call to Action for the non-Religious

Quote:
knowledge is power said View Post
I was expecting a legitimate, paid for sign. I guess I should have known better
This is clearly illegal. I hope the cops or council get rid of it soon.
Was only there for a couple of hours if that.

The Nizkor Project- Logical Fallacies

Atheist: n; A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others.
—Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’s Dictionary
Like knowledge is power liked this post
Old 4th October 2017, 09:07 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Stub King said View Post
I never quite got the whole concern with the jews being behind every conspiracy. it's been going on for centuries and despite sticking our (allegedly) big noses in everybody's business, we have not yet crashed the banking system, instilled a new world order, commandeer the media .... if we had been trying for centuries without success, shouldn't people stop worrying? ... we obviously suck at it.
Well, you lot are responsible for the goat herders guide to humanity which for reasons beyond every rational brain still exerts an influence on our societies. But weirdly, you lot get shit for absolutely everything beside the one thing you should get shit for! How fucked up is that?
Laugh at The Irreverent Mr Black, wolty, DanDare laughed at this post
Old 6th October 2017, 01:54 PM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

NO Team: Access Level - Stalker Scary with US Gun Lobby App

Quote:
Same-sex marriage opponents have launched a phone application giving campaigners "turn by turn" directions to undecided voters' homes, in what it describes as an unprecedented move in Australian political campaigning.

The app was developed by the American company Political Social Media LLC, trading as uCampaign, which built apps for Donald Trump's presidential campaign, Brexit's "Vote Leave" and the powerful National Rifle Association.

Among the features of the "Freedom Team" app, launched Wednesday evening, is a tool that maps the home addresses of people whom the Coalition for Marriage says have not yet engaged with the campaign.

"The app will provide turn by turn directions to your nearest neighbour who is yet to hear from the campaign," the Coalition told supporters in an email. "And it will give you talking points for when you get to the door."

The design means people's home addresses are supplied to thousands of potential doorknockers. After visiting the home, users can mark the resident as "not home", "refused", "bad info" or "survey", indicating they have been interviewed.

It was not clear how the list of addresses was generated. The Coalition for Marriage said the data it used came from the Australian census and the government's freely available Geocoded National Address File.

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Thank DanDare thanked this post
Old 6th October 2017, 03:20 PM
AFA Member

And they criticised the yes campaign for a robocall phone incident, "Hey yes voters, we have your names and addresses!" Is basically what they are saying.

Anyone who claimed to have changed their mind after the Yes campaign phone fiasco, should be changing it back about now? No? Well I guess you were always going to vote No weren't you arseholes and were just using the phone campaign to be dickheads!
Old 7th October 2017, 04:23 PM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

Sorry, I have no more details. Still it's cool!

If the sleep of reason produces monsters, what does the sleep of unreason produce? - Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Laugh at knowledge is power, Soup Dragon laughed at this post
Old 7th October 2017, 06:14 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
Sorry, I have no more details. Still it's cool!

These are the same guys who are having a "walk down a prominent gay street in Melbourne handing out NO pamphlets to provoke a violent leftist reaction" campaign.

They were also the ones who organised the "Cronulla riots" reunion event and have been denounced even by other right wing groups.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/201...ey_a_23214383/

They are the "Straight lives matter" dicks who think somehow being white, straight and fascist...oops I mean right wing gets you gunned down like a black man in Detroit. I just can't process the sheer stupidity in action here, really I just can't! Cronulla riot reunion? Fuck me what are heading to, that you can have a reunion for a riot!
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 7th October 2017, 06:40 PM
AFA Member

The cognitive dissonance that amuses and infuriated me is the connection with ‘freedom’. The freedom being sort is freedom to prevent freedom! Wtf? So in the name of freedom I must stand against your freedom to marry who you want?

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate mustard? In the name of my freedom I demand you all stop eating mustard, it’s disgusting, people, just stop it, you eating mustard is infringing upon my freedom to not eat mustard - and that, afa folk, is what the next public survey should be about!
Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 7th October 2017, 08:50 PM
Dog v2.0 is my co-pilot

Not a saint with paint, just some prick with a Chick shtick...

Like LadyGreen liked this post
Old 12th October 2017, 06:54 PM
AFA Member

Ooh that really hurts!

Quote:
The Anglican bishop of North West Australia says he may refuse to marry all couples if the 'yes' vote triumphs and religious protections aren't provided.

Bishop Gary Nelson has criticised the federal government for its handling of the same sex marriage postal survey, saying details of the legislation should have been released beforehand.

He expressed concern the Commonwealth had not been clear about possible religious exemptions and said the diocese might have to withdraw from registering all marriages.
http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...c0b9790f8aa652

Churches don't actually marry people, they can have all the ceremonies they like, but the ability to marry people is actually a civil process they are allowed to take part in. Hopefully this will see a rush of people realising that and not going to churches to take part in their ridiculous ceremonies.
Old 15th October 2017, 12:46 PM
AFA Member

I don't have a palm big enough give the man in the moon a facepalm so this will have to do;

http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...e15ec2be3a7da6

Quote:
Heterosexual marriage is the only kind of relationship the state should recognise and regulate, the Catholic Archbishop of Sydney says.

Archbishop Anthony Fisher addressed the postal survey on same-sex marriage in his homily at mass on Sunday, telling worshippers the state had no business telling people who they should love, and how.

"The only kind of friendship the state has a proper interest in recognising and regulating is heterosexual marriage, because that's what leads to children - new citizens - and gives them the best start in life," he told the St Mary's Cathedral congregation

Look I can't even process the amount of sheer....well...I don't know, hypocrisy isn't a big enough word, we need a word like hypocrisy only ten times as long.

I've highlighted a couple of good bits.

1) Obviously because that's their job! They can tell the gays they aren't allowed to marry each other, but the state can't tell them that are allowed to marry each other?

b) And people who don't plan to have children shouldn't be allowed to get married. Or do we let everyone get married and if they don't have children in, oh two years, they get automatically divorced? Sterile men and women, no marriage for them either?