Go Back   AFA Forums > Science, Logic and Reason > General Science News

General Science News Got an idea, article or video you want to share on Science, Philosophy or Evolution?

Old 22nd May 2016, 08:58 AM

Default Re: I just saw the space station - Wow!

Quote:
David Nicholls said View Post
Low orbit space station (The low orbit part care of two dogs ) passed over tonight without me knowing it was it. Just sitting out the back sipping on a red wine and looking at the cosmos above. Bright clear reflective light lasted for 4 or 5 minutes so I had to check with the web. Yes, it was the LOSS and it still was amazing.

David
It will be visible over the east coast each night over the next fews days just google "spot the space station" and enter your town for sighting opportunities.
One really good thing to do ,particularly if you live with deniers that it is up there ,is to also watch the live feed at the same time as it enters the Earth's shadow. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload
You will see it disappear with the naked eye and a few moments latter( due to the lag in video feed ) the Sun sets on the station on the video.It puts things in a whole new perspective for me at how small the Earth truly is in the scheme of things .It used to take humans months to travel around the globe, it's a 1.5 hr round trip today.