Go Back   AFA Forums > Science, Logic and Reason > General Science News

General Science News Got an idea, article or video you want to share on Science, Philosophy or Evolution?

Old 2nd April 2017, 12:49 PM
The Rickest Rick

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson in OZ

It's that time again where I make myself broke for fangirling purposes.

You're welcome

Public tickets go on sale April 4th.
[odd]The immenseness of the universe - and Jesus sitting on the outside worried whether a species, that happens to be alive during a blip on the timeline of existence, is masterbating or not. Priceless.
[Goldenmane]To put it another way: I can be charitable without dogma, and if you preach at me as a condition for accepting your help, then you can fuck off.

Theists! Don't forget to read the Great Big List before posting.
Goldenmane’s Third Rule of Public Discourse
Goldenmane's Exposition On Rule Fucking Three
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:13 PM
What Me Deluded?

Default Re: Neil DeGrasse Tyson in OZ

How much is a ticket, rayne?
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:58 PM
The Rickest Rick

Quote:
Strato said View Post
How much is a ticket, rayne?
Brisbane: cheapest is about $100, closer to the stage is $200, front row plus meet and greet (plus added merchandise) is $400. The venue in Brisbane is big enough that the $100 ticket is pretty good seating.
[odd]The immenseness of the universe - and Jesus sitting on the outside worried whether a species, that happens to be alive during a blip on the timeline of existence, is masterbating or not. Priceless.
[Goldenmane]To put it another way: I can be charitable without dogma, and if you preach at me as a condition for accepting your help, then you can fuck off.

Old 3rd April 2017, 12:57 AM
AFA Member

Banana-bending land? isn't that all ocean now?
Old 4th April 2017, 10:59 AM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

I got the Think Inc season pass. Even without this event and even with the cancellation of Ayaan Hirsi Ali at $300 it was a pretty good deal. We also got a freebie to Brian Greene and discounted ticket for NdGT which I gave my daughter. not sure if they will do this again next year but I can recommend it (assuming ofcourse you like the speakers)
Old 4th April 2017, 11:28 AM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Yes, the $299 Think Inc Annual Pass was very good value.

I've just got my Ticket for Sydney. The Annual Pass would have got me an A Reserve Ticket for $0 (value $172.39 value). I opted for a Premium Ticket (value $204.62), paid the $32.23 difference, and got a seat 4 rows from the front.

I've also been to see Edward Snowden (via video link) and Brian Greene (and was going to see Ayaan Hirsi Ali).

I opted not to see Xiuhtezcatl Martinez or Julian Assange, but will probably go to see Jane Goodall, Jason Silva and Skepticon Australia.

They really can't be making much money out of the Annual Pass holders! I suspect that the scheme was designed to generate some up-front funds.

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Like Stub King liked this post
Old 4th April 2017, 12:59 PM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

Quote:
two dogs said View Post
Yes, the $299 Think Inc Annual Pass was very good value.

I've just got my Ticket for Sydney. The Annual Pass would have got me an A Reserve Ticket for $0 (value $172.39 value). I opted for a Premium Ticket (value $204.62), paid the $32.23 difference, and got a seat 4 rows from the front.

I've also been to see Edward Snowden (via video link) and Brian Greene (and was going to see Ayaan Hirsi Ali).

I opted not to see Xiuhtezcatl Martinez or Julian Assange, but will probably go to see Jane Goodall, Jason Silva and Skepticon Australia.

They really can't be making much money out of the Annual Pass holders! I suspect that the scheme was designed to generate some up-front funds.
bugger. when I tried to buy the premium ones it charged me the whole thing so I took the A reserve for free. probably would have anyway since my daughter got the A reserve (there were no student ones for premium) and this way we are seated together.

I saw Xiuhtezcatl Martinez and he was very good. Julian Assange was disappointing. the host forgot it was not one of his stand up performances. Brian Greene was excellent. got tickets to Jane Goodall and still not sure about Jason Silva. waiting to see who is at Skepticon before I commit since it is in Sydney.
Old 7th April 2017, 07:39 PM
The Rickest Rick

I have 2 x A Reserve tickets. I'm getting mine sent in the mail so I might not get a chance to upgrade and pay the difference.

Like two dogs liked this post