Go Back   AFA Forums > AFA > AFA Media Releases & Announcements

AFA Media Releases & Announcements Feel free to comment on issues the AFA is involved with.

Old 14th February 2018, 03:43 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Default Submission: Queensland Law Reform Commission Review of Termination of Pregnancy Laws

Here's a link to the AFA's submission:

Submission to the Queensland Law Reform Commission Review of Termination of Pregnancy Laws

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Old 14th February 2018, 04:36 PM
AFA Life Member - I see ...

Default Re: Submission: Queensland Law Reform Commission Review of Termination of Pregnancy L

That certainly is an excellent submission although without being picky some of the wording could be clearer. I know how difficult it is to get stuff right on such matters.

Case in point. I did a bit of a speed read and think I got it correct, where a medical practitioner who is religiously (or otherwise) opposed to abortion must refer the woman to another practitioner who is not opposed. That is a good and important point. I donít quite understand who will cover the cost of the practical side of such a referral? That is, travel, accommodation, etc. especially in rural areas where distances can be great.

Iím hoping you are saying it is the practitioner who refuses the abortion who pays. That would be justice of sorts.

David
Like two dogs, Blue Lightning, SEG liked this post