Go Back   AFA Forums > Atheism > Debate Forum

Debate Forum The AFA Debate forum. Set up your debate or join the peanut gallery in here.

Old 11th August 2015, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Matt Dillahunty vs Ray Comfort

I can't watch Ray Comfort anymore because he is such a liar. He understands how Evolution works and in his head he knows that Evolution is a FACT hence why it is a scientific Theory. His motivation is primarily money. He runs two organisations, Living Waters Publications and Way of the Master which net him around 8 Million in sales per year. So he has a vested interest in stymieing science and preaching bull shit, making it sound as convincing as possible to rope in as many chumps as he can. It's sickening and he needs to be stopped!
Like Strato liked this post
Old 12th August 2015, 08:14 PM
What Me Deluded?

But I'm not sure how one does stop Ray Comfort.

I certainly don't advocate outlawing religion, even Scientology.

We variously plug away. Some distant day, religion and that means to exploit the credulous and vulnerable will pretty much be history, I think. It will never completely disappear though.
Old 13th August 2015, 10:05 AM
And if I can reach the pedals, I'll be sweet

I think that Ray Comfort genuinely believes what he preaches. He's been lead to the trough of evolution multiple times but he just doesn't want to drink, I think that his head hurts when you try and explain it to him so he prefers to stick to the fluffy bunnies version of creationism.

And I'll just leave this here

Like joele liked this post
Old 15th August 2015, 08:39 PM
Religion or Reality, choose...

Ray Comfort has some screws loose.

Burden of proof is the obligation on somebody presenting a claim to provide evidence to support its truth (a warrant). Once evidence has been presented, it is up to any opposing "side" to show the evidence presented is not adequate. If claims were accepted without warrants, then every claim could simultaneously be claimed to be true.

History isn't written by the victors. It's written by the people with the time machines.