Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Belief Central

Belief Central A place for the discussion of belief or a colony for repeated logical fallacies or misrepresentations.

Old 10th September 2017, 09:14 PM
AFA Member

Default Kirk Cameron knows gods will, hallelujah!

So according to Kirk Cameron hurricane Irma is sent by god!

Quote:
The actor said the hurricanes are “a spectacular display of God’s immense power” and he didn’t send them without reason, reports Fox News.

“When he puts his power on display, it’s never without reason. There’s a purpose. And we may not always understand what that purpose is, but we know it’s not random

Following which he proceeds to tell us exactly why god sent hurricane Irma;

Quote:
we know that weather is sent to cause us to respond to God in humility, awe and repentance,”

Well that's cleared up then. I just thought god was just being a dick, oh hold on I don't actually believe in god, that's a relief, I don't have to worry every day that something I might do, or indeed not do, will bring the wrath of god down upon a city and people thousand of kilometres away.

But as with the old TV advert, wait....there's more!

Quote:
The 46-year-old said the hurricanes should remind us that God “supplies our life, breath and everything else so that you and I reach out to him.”

and;

Quote:
He asked his fans to use his remarks about the hurricanes as a way to answer their childrens’ questions about why the storms were sent.

“Remind them that God is the blessed controller of all things,” he said. “He is the one who gives us peace, security and strength in the midst of the storm and that he uses this to point us to him and to his care for us.”

So there it is guys, god sent the hurricane that will probably kill hundreds of innocent people and drown children, devastate plant and animal life, destroy building s and livelihoods, and in general cause 100's of billions in damage to show us what a good guy he is and we should all bow down and kiss his crinkly ring....or else;

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...c609b8efa9e7f5

Fucking idiot!

I would ask his fans to send a message to Kirk Cameron, and the message is this, we are never going to see a film with you in it again because you celebrate the killing of innocent children for the glory of your god. Now if this makes you unemployable in the film industry....well fucking good, it may just make you appreciate the absolute utter poverty and misery many people will live in for the rest of their lives because you and your fellow goddists don't fucking believe in science, and a good fucking riddance to you sir!
Old 10th September 2017, 10:27 PM
AFA Member

Default Re: Kirk Cameron knows gods will, hallelujah!

My ignorance knows no bounds, I had no idea who Kirk Cameron is so I googled him and it is no wonder as I have never watch his tv shows.
Old 11th September 2017, 10:44 PM
What Me Deluded?

Looks aren't everything. It's symptomatic of America's malaise that Cameron the egotistical moron gets interviewed as a 'celeb'.

He pronounces on marriage and sex roles, the usual ordure. Wives are to follow the husband's lead and are exhorted not to suggest how he can become a better human being. Cameron doesn't say 'submit' as he would really like to, and which is official Bible doctrine, because somehow it doesn't sound right today. He might not get away with that.

He says homosexuality is unnatural. He got that wrong also. He is on a speaking tour of the mega churches. Profoundly uneducated and up himself.
Old 11th September 2017, 10:52 PM
Mostly Armless

@Strato: The Love Offering Circuit adores a smooth-talking, nice-looking, out-of-towner with a catchy message.

You get all the feel-goods, then no need to follow up, as the charming man, and his agreed percentage of the take, have moved on.

What a marvellous combo of carnival and catharsis!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H. L. Mencken

Laugh at Strato laughed at this post
Old 12th September 2017, 09:11 PM
What Me Deluded?

I'd like to see him speak at the GAC.
Old 12th September 2017, 11:17 PM
AFA Member

Kirk was the guy grinning next to ray comfort when ray really got the better of us non believers with his banana proof. Really dumb xtian.