Go Back   AFA Forums > Religion, Unreason and Similar Tropes > Pseudoscience and anti-science

Pseudoscience and anti-science Debunking Creationism, Homoeopathy etc

Old 19th March 2017, 04:48 PM
The Rickest Rick

Default Wherein I get to say "irresponsible fuck" in a National Newspaper

Well, they censored it but you get the idea.

17351187_10155152892995844_1632223791_n.jpg
[odd]The immenseness of the universe - and Jesus sitting on the outside worried whether a species, that happens to be alive during a blip on the timeline of existence, is masterbating or not. Priceless.
[Goldenmane]To put it another way: I can be charitable without dogma, and if you preach at me as a condition for accepting your help, then you can fuck off.

Theists! Don't forget to read the Great Big List before posting.
Goldenmane’s Third Rule of Public Discourse
Goldenmane's Exposition On Rule Fucking Three
Old 19th March 2017, 08:30 PM
Tanto Nomini Nullum par Elogium

Default Re: Wherein I get to say "irresponsible fuck" in a National Newspaper

I know a young man 15 who was born at least this prem. The doctors and nurses caring for the humidicrib babies at Royal Women's are amazing people. Wonderful technology and those who develop it.

He picks up on things I haven't heard about. I have had many engaging talks with him, including about the antivaxxer crowd and what drives that mentality and that they prevail on the rest of us having immunity so the spectre of measles and other horrible diseases that decimated populations is now over. Not so much in developing countries. Tuberculosis is morphing in New Guinea.

New pandemics might arise. Sanitising and vaccine is the preventive.

An ounce of prevention is worth a ton of cure.

Antivaxxers are bringing diseases back in the midst, endangering their own and the newborn. Pauline Hanson is reprehensible.
Old 23rd March 2017, 02:51 AM
AFA Member

Quote:
Strato said View Post

Antivaxxers are bringing diseases back in the midst, endangering their own and the newborn. Pauline Hanson is reprehensible.
Actually it's much worse than that, they are bringing diseases back into a population that is mostly immune. What does that mean? Well what it means is that the diseases will inevitably evolve to better survive in the their environment, and we may suddenly have a strain of whooping cough that is no longer suppressed by our current vaccine, and the first we will know about it is when thousands, maybe tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people suddenly come down with it. If we are lucky it will happen in some other country and we will be able to develop a vaccine in time, and that vaccine will be compulsory even if the anti-vaxxer parents have to end up in prison and their children made wards of the state, but it will be compulsory!

Not lucky for the other country of course. Our isolation gives us benefits, we can more easily control entry, we may be the lucky country. Then again if we are the source it makes it much easier for other countries to control the spread, just shoot down anything coming from Australia. Hmm, guess that actually makes us the unlucky country then!
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:12 AM

I contracted measles encephalitis as a young kid, I must have been 3 or 4. I was given large doses of a new (at the time) antibiotic, tetracycline, which is no longer given to children. Deformed teeth and other relatively minor lifelong issues as a result of that, but at least I survived. Which often wasn't the outcome.

So I'm maybe a bit biased, but I despise ant vaxxers with a passion.
Old 31st March 2017, 11:50 PM
Tanto Nomini Nullum par Elogium

A good article in The Huffington Post,

Here's Where Major Religions Actually Stand on Vaccines.

Quote:
West Virginia’s Senate is reviewing a bill that would allow public school students to receive religious exemptions from vaccinations.

Debate over parents opting out of their children’s vaccinations have centered around the issue of “herd immunity” ― the fact that a large majority of a population must be immunized in order for that community to be protected against infectious disease. Despite what researchers have called a potential “public health crisis,” the majority of states currently offer religious exemptions. If the bill passes, West Virginia would become the 47th.
It's too easy to be granted exemption from their duty to have their little one vaccinated, so respectful are they, favourable toward those professing adherence to some kind of belief. It's Constitutional.

So they get measles and bring back the arms race, the dumb clucks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b08194e3b71fc4
Old 1st April 2017, 09:04 PM
AFA Member

Quote:
Strato said View Post
A good article in The Huffington Post,

Here's Where Major Religions Actually Stand on Vaccines.

It's too easy to be granted exemption from their duty to have their little one vaccinated, so respectful are they, favourable toward those professing adherence to some kind of belief. It's Constitutional.

So they get measles and bring back the arms race, the dumb clucks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b08194e3b71fc4
Well, you can understand the POV of these anti-vaxxers. Atheists, agnostics, devil-worshippers, fornicators, homosexuals, skeptics, and scientists have turned away from the Good Lord God, so of course he withdraws his spiritual armour from such heretics and blasphemers and cleanses the Earth of them by releasing the Four Horsemen. Of course, they make a Faustian bargain with Old Nick and he gives them these Devil potions called vaccinations!

Who wants herd immunity or Devil potions from that evil mob?

Much better to accept the Baby Jesus on Toast, and be confident Christ's love will conquer the wickedness and then at last we can have Holy Paradise on Earth at last! :-)

Last edited by Darwinsbulldog; 1st April 2017 at 09:05 PM.
Laugh at Strato laughed at this post