Go Back   AFA Forums > News and Social > News and Current Affairs

News and Current Affairs News reports related to (but not restricted to) religion, atheism and woo.

Old 21st March 2017, 12:44 AM
AFA Member

Default Re: Peter Dutton could be your PM ...

Lets not forget that Malcolm is like an old style politician...you know, doesnt just make shit up, seek headlines, keeps a dignified distance from the chatter, doesnt incite xenophobia and play to contemporary prejudices. Yeah...cool huh? But...also doesnt actually lead us away from all that shit either and is kind of a bit weak willed...

Anyhow, we could do so much worse than Turnbull. We of course could do better, but i'm being pragmatic here, i think his reign is tentatively ok, for now.
Old 21st March 2017, 01:30 PM
Take my advice, don't listen to me

Default Re: Peter Dutton could be your PM ...

maybe it is a job requirement but what never ceases to amaze me is how pollies simply refuse, point blank, to contemplate the possibility that maybe it is their policies people object to. maybe it is a result of the ad hominem driven political discourse where "you're an idiot" qualifies for an answer when the question is not a Dorothy Dixer. but every time a party's or government's or minister's popularity is down, the solution is to replace the person. or is the populace at large that stupid that they fall for it?
Thank Blue Lightning thanked this post
Old 21st March 2017, 02:10 PM
Being a bigot makes me sick.

Quote:
Stub King said View Post
maybe it is a job requirement but what never ceases to amaze me is how pollies simply refuse, point blank, to contemplate the possibility that maybe it is their policies people object to. maybe it is a result of the ad hominem driven political discourse where "you're an idiot" qualifies for an answer when the question is not a Dorothy Dixer. but every time a party's or government's or minister's popularity is down, the solution is to replace the person. or is the populace at large that stupid that they fall for it?
It's the politics of ideology over fact driven outcome orientated leadership.

Our current government exists only to be elected. Their inability to process facts leads them to rely of ideology. They have just enough charisma and spin (and a large dose of Murdock) to keep them in power as at last election. Hence the position we are in today. Reactionary policy that does all it can to avoid dealing with the real issues properly. E.g. negative gearing.