- Tasmanian bus advertisement 2010
- Sign at the 2010 Global Atheist Convention
- Big screen at the 2010 Global Atheist Convention
- Audience at the 2010 Global Atheist Convention
- Taslima Nasrin presenting at the 2010 Global Atheist Convention
- 2010 Global Atheist Convention after party
- 2011 Census Campaign advertisement
- Melbourne bus advertisement 2012
- AFA President David Nicholls opening the 2012 Global Atheist Convention
- Audience at the 2012 Global Atheist Convention
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali presenting at the 2012 Global Atheist Convention
- Jason Ball addressing the 2012 Global Atheist Convention
- Sam Harris presenting at the 2012 Global Atheist Convention
- The 'Four Horsemen' panel at the 2012 Global Atheist Convention
AFA Annual General Meeting
Dear AFA Members,
As stated in the January-March 2014 issue of our members’ magazine, The Australian Atheist, the Annual General Meeting of the Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc will be held in Melbourne on Friday 21st March at 8pm. While we are still confirming the agenda, the format of the evening will be as follows:
1. Submission of annual reports from AFA office bearers
2. Election of AFA Executive & Committee members
3. Voting on proposed AFA constitution
We anticipate the AGM will be approximately 60 – 90 minutes in length. If members are interested in attending, there are two options to join the AGM:
Attending in person:
Please go to Level 3, 451 Bourke St (adjacent to The Mantra on Little Bourke). AFA committee members will be visible outside to greet and direct attendees; please arrive by 7.45pm. We invite AFA members attending in person to join the AFA committee for an informal gathering at The Mantra next door following the AGM.
Attend by conference call:
For the first time we will arranging for AFA members to join the AGM via conference call. Dial in details will be provided closer to the AGM date for those who confirm attendance.
If you are interested in attending but have not yet indicated your intention to do so, please email the AFA Membership Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday 14th March.
If you have any queries about the AGM or if you have questions you wish to be raised at the AGM, please also contact the AFA Membership Officer.
The Jakarta News reported on 31 January that atheist Alexander Aan had been released early from his prison sentence of 2-1/2 years for “inciting religious hostility” for posting on his personal Facebook page that “there is no god.”
According to the article, Aan was released “on license” (probation), which means that he is required to report regularly and frequently to Indonesian authorities for the foreseeable future. He also still remains liable for a Rp 100 million rupiah (US$8,190) fine imposed as part of his sentence. (more →)