Go Back   AFA Forums > News and Social > Off Topic

Off Topic For anything that doesn't fit anywhere above.

Old 6th November 2013, 09:32 PM
Anonymous Atheists

Default Anonymous Dropbox.

Welcome to the Anonymous Dropbox thread. This is a thread where sensitive or compromising information can be shared on the general forum anonymously. Forum Users can pm any member of the mod team with information they are reluctant to share themselves and the information will be posted by user 'Atheists Anon' in this thread. A brief discussion or dialogue explaining the information may at times be necessary depending on the available information. If questions arise from the original content of the Atheists Anon post, answers can also be relayed onto a mod who will post those answers in this thread under the same username 'Atheists Anon'. This thread has been stickied to prevent it from disappearing into the ether in times of inaction.

Last edited by Atheists Anon; 6th November 2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: anon.
Old 6th November 2013, 09:35 PM
Anonymous Atheists

Default Re: Anonymous Dropbox.

* Today I was approached by the chaplain of the school who asked me to sign one of the forms attached. It is A5 in size, colour printed and comes in a pad of 50. All the chaplains have been given these pads in an effort to bolster support to present these as evidence of support at the High Court Challenge. I asked him if I could have one of the forms so I could fill it out later which I have photographed and attached it for your perusal. The conversation I had with him was interesting to say the least. He told me that the SU had a court case coming up because a man in Toowoomba doesnt like them. He doesn't know why he doesn't like them. He said that SU had already been to court and SU won but that man is dragging them back to court. He ended the conversation with 'Sometimes we have to fight for our rights" I responded with "Indeed We Do".
The 'back our chappies' kits which obviously have been circulated far and wide as all chappies are armed and dangerous approaching all and sundry in pursuit of that much prized and coveted signature.

Complete with book of forms for people to sign in support of the chaplains.

And then there is the 'chappy challenge' (yes, it is alluding to 'the' challenge!)
fundraising email below:

Sent: Wednesday, 23 October 2013 5:58 PM
Subject: ******* 5 Cent Challenge

Hi All,
This month the Class will be collecting 5c coins in the Chappy Challenge
(money to help support the school Chaplaincy Program) to see which class can
make the longest 5c coin chain by the 6th of December. I am hoping that
each family can start collecting with the aim of getting between $2-$5 worth
of 5c coins per child. We will also be using the coins in different ways in
the classroom such as measuring units, counting by 5, comparing weights and
graphing information.

Thanks for your help,
Regards
Prep
***** State School
***** Street
Ph 07 **** ****
*****@eq.edu.au

Last edited by Atheists Anon; 6th November 2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Anonimity
Old 6th November 2013, 09:53 PM
Like a supermod without the lycra

Pricks
Old 6th November 2013, 10:04 PM
Nasty

Indeed Prudie. The fact that they are using tax payer funded $ to pay for these 'chappie kits' in order to win a high court challenge makes me see red. I want my tax payer dollars to go to Ronnie Williams.
Old 6th November 2013, 11:21 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

Yes, the duplicity of these pricks has obtained an Olympic level. When fronting the media, it's all about "caring for kids"; when talking amongst themselves, it's all about promulgating their particular, uninclusive, version of Christianity.

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Old 6th November 2013, 11:36 PM
Wonder if the beer tastes as good?
Super Moderator

Sorry, can I just confirm...
Quote:
I am hoping that
each family can start collecting with the aim of getting between $2-$5 worth
of 5c coins per child.
Prep
... they're hitting up prep children and their families with fundraising targets for this partisan bollocks???

WTF is this - a junior-school protection racket???

And I will also point out the bleeding obvious - it's not a question of alleged popularity, it's about the legal basis for the program.

They are making exactly the same mistake that opponents of Jessica Ahlquist made - shooting the messenger.
Old 7th November 2013, 06:52 PM
Anonymous Atheists

Quote:
Logic please said View Post
Sorry, can I just confirm...

... they're hitting up prep children and their families with fundraising targets for this partisan bollocks???

WTF is this - a junior-school protection racket???
Correct Logic Please.

The chaplains have also been given a bag which they have been instructed to get school children to write a message of support on. I am not sure what they intend doing with them but I guess the responses the kids write on the bags will photographed and catalogued. Given the timing, it is very likely that SU will also attempt to use these along with the note pads to demonstrate wider community support which we know is not the point.
Old 7th June 2014, 11:08 PM

The bastards will twist anything to fake the appearance of public support and popularity.
Old 25th January 2015, 11:32 AM
AFA Member

Is this still happening? Because according to their website, the whole thing is already 100% funded... so why have kids donate (and, quite frankly, MUST donate otherwise all these planned lessons of measuring, weighing, mathematical such-and-such will not happen and we want the kids to do maths classes, yes?) at all?

http://education.qld.gov.au/schools/...t-welfare.html

And it shouldn't be mandatory, right? http://ppr.det.qld.gov.au/education/...e-Schools.aspx
Old 25th March 2015, 09:50 PM
Anonymous Atheists

Hi everyone, we have received a tip-off which we have been asked to post anonymously for privacy reasons. The religion under the spotlight is not one of the "usual suspects".

The first part of the story is in this article:
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gu...20-12ugkk.html
Quote:
A sex scandal has shattered the zen-like calm of an ashram in Mount Eliza, with revelations its "guru" and director, Swami Shankarananda, allegedly had sexual relations with dozens of women attending the ashram. Distressed former members of the Shiva School of Meditation and Yoga claim Swami Shankarananda, 72, had sexual relationships with up to 40 women, and say a number have since sought counselling.At a prayer meeting in December, a board member of the residential ashram - which has about 500 members and up to 40 "seekers", or residents - announced the ashram was aware of sexual allegations against American-born Swami Shankarananda, also known as Russell Kruckman, and he would be standing down as director.The ashram then released a statement to members saying it was aware the swami had had "secret sexual relations" with a number of women over time but he had never claimed to be a sexual renunciant or demanded celibacy from his disciples.
"It is well known that our lineage is a tantric path, involving worship of the Goddess with strict disciplines," the letter says. "...until now Swamiji has kept aspects of the teaching and his personal activities secret in line with age-old Hindi tantric scriptures."
"
Swamiji now accepts that this is not appropriate, and he must be transparent both personally and in the teachings."
Quote:
Swami Shankarananda vowed to stop his behaviour and make amends in an atmosphere of "love and generosity of spirit".
"I am open to a dialogue about the role of the guru and the sannyasa in the modern West and also the place of sexuality in spiritual life ... we are pioneers, after all, and getting it all right isn't easy."
A longtime member of the ashram - who did not have sexual relations with its director - said members felt "absolutely shocked" and "aghast" that the swami remained in his role.
The source described it as an abuse of power from someone who held "huge sway" over a number "impressionable" people.
Quote:
Some residents at the ashram are now scrambling to try to find alternative accommodation and many long-term members had left, they said.Fairfax Media was told the management committee of the ashram is deeply involved in the everyday life of its members, including giving advice on their relationships and marital problems.
In a statement the Shiva School said Swami Shankarananda is not on the school's management committee but remains the spiritual head of the Shiva ashram.
Quote:
The letter (from the yoga school/ashram to the members) goes on to say that while the board has been advised there is no basis for criminal complaint, the activities in question raise a number ethical questions, and free counselling is available.
Just hold that last thought for a second.