Go Back   AFA Forums > Secularism and Social Issues > Politics

Politics Political issues which help or hinder our society

Old 12th October 2017, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Tony Abbott

Someone should glitter bomb abbot in the middle of one of his anti equality public rants

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Like knowledge is power liked this post
Old 12th October 2017, 12:45 PM
An old banger, but almost unstoppable.

Quote:
LadyGreen said View Post
Someone should glitter bomb abbot in the middle of one of his anti equality public rants

What, and let that bully play the victim again?

No, discredit. Expose.

My confirmation bias is better 'n your confirmation bias.

Like Blue Lightning liked this post
Old 12th October 2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
The Irreverent Mr Black said View Post
What, and let that bully play the victim again?

No, discredit. Expose.
True he would probably just use it to score politcal points but it would be a real fun day out

Old 12th October 2017, 01:07 PM
AFA Member

I do not understand Abbott’s point that global warming will be beneficial. Doesn’t this contradict all his other points that are based on the premise that climate change isn’t actually happening? I don’t get it. Or is he objecting to just the anthropegenic aspect of GW? But hang on, he refers to figures and data being changed and meddled with to make it look like there is GW, when actually there isn’t any? I’m confused, can anyone paraphrase his logical progression?

I pose that question seriously. Abbott said he believes in speaking his mind but exactly what his problem with climate change science is appears to incorporate a picnic basket of every objection to climate science even if those objections contradict themselves. It just seems so utterly il-conceived I feel as though i’m the problem, i’m missing some vital bit of information to link it all together.
Old 12th October 2017, 01:13 PM

Thats the problem with trying to understand idiots and those who pander to idiots, their ideas are literally stupid so therefore a pain to untangle.

Old 12th October 2017, 01:17 PM
An old banger, but almost unstoppable.

Quote:
pipbarber said View Post
I do not understand Abbott’s point that global warming will be beneficial. Doesn’t this contradict all his other points that are based on the premise that climate change isn’t actually happening? I don’t get it. Or is he objecting to just the anthropegenic aspect of GW? But hang on, he refers to figures and data being changed and meddled with to make it look like there is GW, when actually there isn’t any? I’m confused, can anyone paraphrase his logical progression?

I pose that question seriously. Abbott said he believes in speaking his mind but exactly what his problem with climate change science is appears to incorporate a picnic basket of every objection to climate science even if those objections contradict themselves. It just seems so utterly il-conceived I feel as though i’m the problem, i’m missing some vital bit of information to link it all together.
Just addressing the boldy bit: have you considered the possibility he's Trumping, ie, throwing out all the noise he can, as long as it seems to be against the message he opposes.

In air-warfare terms, it's chaff - disposable shiny crud that clouds the picture.

My confirmation bias is better 'n your confirmation bias.

Like Blue Lightning, yowie liked this post
Thank Darwinsbulldog thanked this post
Old 12th October 2017, 09:17 PM
Cuss-tard

Quote:
LadyGreen said View Post
Tactical suicide. The kind of thing they want us to do. Because it doesn't hurt them but they can play it as "imagine if they bombed us for realz".

@Goldenmane3

Thank The Irreverent Mr Black thanked this post
Old 13th October 2017, 12:01 AM
What Me Deluded?

He's doing a Milo. Scared of aging, irrelevance.
Old 17th October 2017, 10:40 AM
AFA Member

Ah and here's The Tones peeps, defending the right to free speech since the year dot.....I mean that's what he and the right want us to think, that the violent leftists want to silence the rights, but the message seems a but contradictory;

Quote:
Far-right groups threatening to storm a Melbourne council meeting could face off against anti-racism protesters, who plan to "defend" the councillors who voted to scrap Australia Day ceremonies.

Quote:
When the council convened in September, about eight protesters from the Party for Freedom donned Australian flags and signs, shouted chants and temporarily shut down the meeting.

Quote:
Last Thursday, another far-right group stormed question time at the nearby Moreland City Council.

Quote:
Far-right protester Neil Erikson last week said protesters could attend more council meetings, but added he had no specific plans to attend Tuesday's meeting.

So when they say attend, they mean disrupt and silence, shout them down, interfere with normal discourse and business.

http://www.news.com.au/national/brea...1f2948cab396f0

These are the end results of encouraging far right activism, the right claims they are being silenced, and they will continue to do so while they invade council meetings and disrupt society, repress minorities and discriminate against anyone with different way of living.
Old 17th October 2017, 05:23 PM
Why do you ask ...?
Administrator

I had ABC TV News Breakfast on this morning, and at the time wasn't taking much notice while I was eating, and looked up to see an image of Tony Abbot sucking on a pen, probably in a story about Turnbull's energy "plan".

It looked quite strange, so I Googled it. What I found was the following, and while I expect the vision I saw was more recent than this, I found it amusing (I don't recall having seen the clip on which it's based).

"
Beer, if drunk with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health."
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Thank LadyGreen thanked this post